Saturday, February 21, 2009

Lunch at Bill's

Hello All!

We made it safely to the beautiful city of Sydney! The 14 hr flight went over very well and quickly. I, personally, caught up on some movies I have wanted to see and am adjusting to the time change very easily. When we arrived we were greeted by our Australian hosts, who took us to our hotel, fed us lunch, and then dinner later that evening where we all enjoyed the catch of the day.

Right now we are at Bill's home, enjoying our new friend's company, food, a bit of tennis, and internet access to catch up with family and friends! Thank you Bill!

Tomorrow we will give our AZ presentation for the first time at our first Australian Rotary meeting. I was a little bit nervous about this but everyone is so warm and personable that I already feel very comfortable and it should go off without a hitch! Tuesday, I will enjoy my first vocational visit with Bob, taking tours of colleges, high schools, and primary schools. I am really looking forward to comparing Australia's educational system with our own in Arizona.

There seems to be an interesting stick-horse race going on outside that I am missing out on... So thank you all for watching and I will catch up with you later...

Kerry

4 comments:

  1. glad you all got there o.k. So, you are there and no pancakes yet????

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the best stick horse win, preferable the one in PINK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My class has a few questions.

    Have you seen a kangaroo?
    Is there a beach near by?
    What season is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a blast. Be careful, but have a great time!

    ReplyDelete