Sunday, March 8, 2009

Now at host families

Last night was the first time the team slept under a separate roof. My host family has been great. I got to meet them throughout the trip because Tony is the district governor for 9680 and his better half Sandra it not a Rotarian, but is involved 24/7. They have a beautiful home in North Avoca. It overlooks the beach and is just breathtaking.

I got to see a kookaburra bird this morning. He was sitting on the fence singing for food. Sandra tryed to feed him out of her hand like she usually does, but he couldn't figure out if my wheelchair was a friendly thing or not.

I spent the day with the NSW Police Department in Gosford today. It is amazing how many divisions they have and how they operate. I have not yet spoken to the rest of the team to see how it is on their end. I hope it has been as good as mine.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. I am glad you are at Rotarian houses as that will enrichen your experience. Please tell Darol I say hello... John from Rotary Club of Phoenix-West

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I hope you're taking pictures. My greetings to you all. Supposed to be in the 90s here soon.

    ReplyDelete